This tutorial covers how to implement BV Pixel and its recommended tags for customers using Bazaarvoice's API. Developers will learn the importance of BV Pixel, the available analytics tags, and the recommended analytics tags. Verification tools are also provided.
The Bazaarvoice API Analytics solution, better known as BV Pixel, aims to pass events from all consumer-generated content (CGC) pages within a client's site to Bazaarvoice. This includes the product display pages (PDP), the confirmation page, category pages, and any product gallery pages, and pages displaying social content. Using this collected data, Bazaarvoice reports on the influence that CGC has throughout a client's site. The following terms are used to describe the different analytics tags within BV Pixel.
- Page views
- Page loads for web pages that contain Bazaarvoice code.
- Instances of Bazaarvoice content that are served to a device and loaded on the page. For example, a consumer viewing a review is an impression. Impressions include interactions with content hidden by code, such as on tabs and accordions.
- Features events
- Content views and interactions, including the following:
- InView events indicate that content is visible on the page. This event is triggered only once per page load.
- ViewedCGC events are triggered if Bazaarvoice content is visible on the page for at least five seconds. This event is triggered only once per page load.
- Used indicate user interactions with Bazaarvoice content and are used for clicked features, such as Filter, Sort, and Paginate. This event is triggered only once per page load.
Benefits of analytics
Adding BV Pixel to your site helps ensure the overall success of your implementation and provides the best way to measure the value that Bazaarvoice provides to your organization. It also helps us, Bazaarvoice, measure how well our solution is performing for you and enables us to offer recommendations for how to enhance your program based on data.
BV Pixel correlates shopper activity (such as reading reviews, questions and answers, browsing a gallery of images) to conversion results. From this data, you can gain insights such as:
- Do shoppers who interact with consumer generated content convert more frequently than users who do not?
- Is a shopper more inclined to purchase products for which they have read reviews over products for which they have not?
- In an A/B test, do certain variations of features affect conversion better than others?
In addition to valuable insights, BV Pixel can power maintenance-free best practices around volume generation including PIE (post interaction email) and APO (Ask a Product Owner).
Lastly, BV Pixel enables personalization of our products to aid us in targeting the right shoppers at the right time with the right product.
Prior set up
The following list describes steps that must be taken before implementing BV Pixel:
- Enable the Conversion Impact Report (CIR). Refer to the Platforms section of our Platform & API Concepts documentation to learn which platform your API keys are on.
- Conversations PRR
- Enable first- and third-party cookies. This request should be made to your Bazaarvoice representative.
- Conversion Impact Report is automatically enabled.
- Obtain the BV loader file from Bazaarvoice. See How to determine your platform if you do not already know on which platform you client instance is installed.
- Conversations PRR
- Open a Support Ticket to request the BV loader file.
- The BV loader file will automatically be created when you deploy an implementation to a Deployment Zone in Configuration Hub.
Read about setting up Bazaarvoice Pixel.