This document explains the Bazaarvoice API self service key process, including creating a Developer Portal account and requesting API keys.
Key process overview
You can skip to Requesting API keys if you are already familiar with our key process.
To use the Product Sentiment Insights API a developer must request an API keys. This process is summarized below:
- Developer creates an account at the Developer Portal
- Developer requests keys through the portal
- Client key approver enables or disables keys using the Key Management Dashboard via the Bazaarvoice Workbench
Creating a Developer Portal account
Developers must create a Bazaarvoice Developer Portal account to request API keys. By creating an account, developers get access to a variety of API related information including:
- All requested keys and their status (approved, rejected, etc).
- Information about applications associated with API keys.
How to create an account
- Click the Register link at the top right of the header bar.
- Fill out the registration form.
- An account validation email will be sent from email@example.com. Be sure to whitelist this email address.
- The account will be enabled as soon as it is validated.
Requesting API keys
- Use the button below to open the API key request form.
- Keys will be created immediately in a pending state, but they will not work until they are enabled by the client.
- Pending keys can be found by hovering over your user name in the top right and selecting the My Keys link.
- The client's API key approver will receive an email notifying them of the new key request.
- The client's key approver will either enable or disable the keys.
- An email notification will be sent to the requester informing them of approver's decision.
Start learning how to use the Product Sentiment Insights API while you wait for your keys: