The Bazaarvoice Notifications Subscriptions API enables you to manage end-user subscriptions to email notifications triggered by the Bazaarvoice platform.
This page provides a high-level overview of the Bazaarvoice Notifications Subscriptions API suitable for all audiences.
Bazaarvoice Conversations triggers email notifications to end-users alerting them to specific events, for example when a review has been published or after a product has been purchased (see Supported Notifications below for a complete list). End-users are given the opportunity by Bazaarvoice to opt-out of those notifications, however there are situations when our clients would like to manage and monitor those notifications subscriptions on behalf of end-users. The Notifications Subscriptions API makes this possible.
The following functionality is available:
- Subscribe an email address to a notification type by adding it to an opt-in list
- Unsubscribe an email address from a notification type by adding it to an opt-out list
- Request all email addresses in the opt-out or opt-in lists for a notification type
These are a few examples of common scenarios in which a Bazaarvoice client might use the Notifications Subscriptions API:
- You offer your users the ability to globally opt-out of all email notifications sent by you or your partners. Because you host the global opt-out, you need a way to unsubscribe your users from email notifications Bazaarvoice triggers on your behalf.
- For business analytics reasons you would like to know who has opted-in or opted-out of email notifications triggered by Bazaarvoice.
The Notifications Subscriptions API supports managing subscriptions to the following notifications:
- Review Approved
- Review Rejected
- Review Commented
- Comment Approved
- Comment Rejected
- Question Approved
- Question Rejected
- Question Answered
- Answer Approved
- Answer Rejected
- Post Interaction Email
- Seller Ratings Email
- Ask a Product Owner
This API is available to Bazaarvoice clients using the following solutions:
- Bazaarvoice Conversations
- including email notifications triggered by Bazaarvoice
Level of effort
Using an API is not the same as using a Bazaarvoice hosted application; You will be building your own application using data services provided by Bazaarvoice. The API returns data in a machine readable format, which you will incorporate into your own application which you must build, host and maintain. As result Bazaarvoice clients must have considerable technical resources and ability at their disposal to use this API.
To use this API your team should be familiar with at least the following:
- Web applications development, integration and deployment
- Client/Server interaction using HTTP POST and GET
- Graphic user interface design
- Data Storage and retrieval
Recommended team members
Your team should consist of at least the following:
- A developer familiar with the above requirements
Depending on the scope of your project your team may also need personnel with the following skills:
- Network engineering and administration
- Project management and planning
- Web and graphic design
- Software testing
If you do not meet the prerequisites described above, then contact Bazaarvoice Support for assistance configuring Bazaarvoice Conversations notifications.
If you already have Bazaarvoice Conversations notifications, then continue to Getting Started to learn how to start using this API.