This page provides a high-level overview of the Bazaarvoice Displayable Content Export (DCE) suitable for all audiences.
The Bazaarvoice Displayable Content Export provides an HTTP interface for bulk requesting Bazaarvoice Conversations data intended for public display. The DCE offers the following benefits:
- A service optimized for downloading displayable content in bulk.
- A single source for your displayable content and syndicated content from the Bazaarvoice network.
- A complete snapshot of all displayable content available weekly.
- Incremental updates of new and modified content available daily.
The data returned by the DCE is intended for public display on websites and other applications. It will not return personally identifiable information (PII), such as email address, or other private data not intended for public display. For this reason, it is not recommended for internal applications such as CRM systems or analytics dashboards.
The DCE is designed to return data in bulk, meaning it has been optimized for downloading large sets of data. As a result, round-trip latency - the time between request and response - of seconds or more should be expected. You should plan your DCE usage so that you have downloaded the data before it is needed, instead of making requests in response to real-time user interaction.
To use the DCE you must meet the following prerequisites:
- Access to Bazaarvoice Ratings and Reviews or Questions and Answers.
- The ability to meet the level of effort guidelines below.
Level of effort
Using the DCE is not the same as using a Bazaarvoice hosted solution; You will be building your own application that incorporates data provided by Bazaarvoice. The DCE returns this data in a machine readable format which you will then use in an application that you must build, host and maintain. To successfully use this product your team should meet the following requirements:
Our expectation is that clients using the DCE will be able to build an application that will interact with the DCE service, store the DCE data, manage relationships within the data, and distribute the data to your other applications. This is depicted in the image below:
In this image, the Client DCE Application icon represents the application you would build to interact with the DCE. The Client Application icons represent your end-user facing applications, such as mobile apps or product detail pages.
This design limits the copies of Conversations data and as a result eliminates the possibility of multiple database replicas becoming out of sync with the Bazaarvoice authoritative system of record.
Your team should have the following proficiencies:
- Web application development
- Client/server interaction based on the HTTPS protocol
- The ability to process JSON
- Data storage and retrieval
Your team should consist of at least the following:
- A developer familiar with the technical requirements above
Depending on the scope of your project your team may also need personnel with the following skills:
- Network engineering and administration
- Project management and planning
- Web and graphic design
- Software testing
Continue to Getting Started to learn the DCE fundamentals.