The Conversations API lets you programmatically retrieve and submit Bazaarvoice Conversations data for use in your applications.
This page provides a high-level overview of the Bazaarvoice Conversations API suitable for all audiences.
The Bazaarvoice Conversations API provides access to CGC data in the form of Reviews, Questions, Answers, Stories, Comments, and Profiles, as well as product catalog and statistical data, and allows submission of some of these types of data.
Common use cases
These are a few examples of common scenarios in which you might use the Conversations API:
- You want complete control over your product page consumer generated content user interface.
- You would like to create a very customized mobile experience that incorporates Bazaarvoice Conversations
- You need to build an innovative Conversations application, such as adding rating stars to the product displays in your brick & mortar store.
Supported content types
The Conversations API supports the following content types:
|Ratings & Reviews (+ comments)||✓||✓|
|Questions & Answers||✓||✓|
|Products & Categories||✓||❌|
|Stories (+ comments) PRR||✓||✓|
|Videos files PRR||✓||✓|
This API is available to Bazaarvoice clients using the following solutions:
Level of effort
To use this API your team should be familiar with at least the following:
- Web applications development, integration and deployment
- Client/Server interaction using HTTP POST and GET
- SFTP file transfer and XML
- Graphic user interface design
- Data Storage and retrieval
Recommended team members
Your team should consist of at least the following:
- One or more developers familiar with the above requirements
Depending on the scope of your project your team may also need personnel with the following skills:
- Network engineering and administration
- Project management and planning
- Web and graphic design
- Software testing
If you do not meet the prerequisites described above, then contact our Sales team to request a demo of Bazaarvoice Conversations.
If you already have Bazaarvoice Conversations, then continue to Getting Started to learn how to start using this API.