Perform the following steps to request API keys:
Log on to the Bazaarvoice Portal
Log on to Portal at https://portal.bazaarvoice.com.
If you do not have a Portal account, ask the Bazaarvoice account administrator listed in your Portal profile to create an account for you. To learn about Portal, refer to the Bazaarvoice knowledge base.
Request API Keys via the API Key Management application
- Your client instance must have API access. If your client instance does not have API access, contact your Bazaarvoice representative.
- Your Portal user account must have the Technical Contributor or Technical Administrator role assigned. Refer to the knowledge base for details about these roles. To verify your role assignment, contact the account administrator listed in your Portal profile.
- Your Portal user account must have the Ratings and Reviews solution assigned. Refer to the knowledge base for details about assigning solutions. To verify your role assignment, contact the account administrator listed in your Portal profile.
- Ensure you are logged on to Portal.
- Click the Portal menu and select Developer Tools under Administration.
- Click the Request API key button.
- Follow the instructions in the request form to request a new API key. After you submit the request, you receive an email summarizing the API key's details.
- Wait for a technical admin to approve your keys.
Wait for your technical administator to approve your keys
After you request keys, your company's technical administrator needs to approve your keys. Your keys are automatically created in a pending state until they are approved. You may check on the status of your request by viewing your list of keys in the API Key Management application in Portal.
Refer to the following topics to learn more: